Saturday, February 27, 2010

One year ago...

It's amazing how fast time flies! Here are some fun pics from a year ago!!
Matt was working as a Security Guard at Rio Tinto. I went and visited him one Sunday, and thought he looked so dang cute I just had to snap a pic. :)
I always love a man in uniform...


Three boys that I miss terribly!!

Baby Jack was born!!


Dinner at The Roof for my birthday...

Where has the time gone!? We've almost been married for a year now, and I can harldly believe it. The first year has been so much fun. Before we got married, a lot of people told us that the first year would be hard; an adjustment to say the least. I'm not sure if I just didn't realize it or something , but there were no adjustments or surprises. He didn't do anything weird, or unexpected, and according to him, neither did I.
My sister always says that her and her husband are soulmates. When I first heard her say this, I didn't really think anything of it, besides that it was kinda cheesy :). After being married I have come to realize that Matt is my soulmate. I couldn't have married anyone else and been completely satisfied. He knows me better than anyone and I don't know what I would do without him.
On a side note, I couldn't be more happy that it's the weekend! Last week was a long. Last night we went to the movie Shutter Island, and it was so good. It was kind of dark, but we still loved it. It totally keeps your interest, and turned out completely different than I thought it would. Go see it!
Today I slept in 'til like 11:00 (fantastic, BTW). I woke up feeling kinda sick, sore throat and achey, so I just lazed around the house and watched Matt do our taxes, (bless his heart). I went to the gym to get my workout on, and then came home took a shower and had nap. We went grocery shopping tonight and then out to dinner at Bajio. It was delicious! Then we stopped by the dollar store and got some St. Patrick's Day decorations for my classroom. Love the dollar store!! Now I am blogging and watching Titanic...it's on TV and I couldn't be more excited about that. Takes me back to my middle school days when I was obsessed with this show. "I'll never let go Jack!!" Oh boy, the drama!! hahaha
Life is good. I can't believe my first year of teaching is almost over! It's been so much fun. I have been so blessed to have such a great job. I look forward to going to work each day. I love the kids and the teachers I work with. Matt has been busy with school. He is gone A LOT, which really sucks for me. If he's not at school, he's working in the hospital, doing homework, working at the station, or at clinicals. Although I hate him being gone so much, I'm not complaining. He's such a hard worker and has so many goals. I'm just so proud of him! :)
Well, that's all I have for now.
P.S. Spring is only 21 days away!
:)

3 comments:

  1. Amy...I'm glad you ran across my blog. I am now adding you to my side list of friends. We're offically blogging buds. P.S. - Joel and I want to get together with you guys sometime. Let us know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I am so glad you found me. I know some of the people on your blog. It's such a small world. Looks like you're doing great! And I completely agree... I can't believe my first year teaching is almost over too. You are so cute to put up decorations. I am too cheap and have the kids make decorations to put up. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post about your hubby!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones