Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a dream....

This past week at school we learned about Martin Luther King. We talked about all the amazing things he did, and why we celebrate his life today. I read several different books to the class, and in one of the books was his "I Have a Dream" speech. While I was reading it, this idea popped into my mind that it would be cute to have the kids create their own "dreams". It turned out SO cute; the kids did such a good job.I was proud of them. Here are some of their "dreams" and how the final product turned out.

This is a report that one of my students did on Martin Luther King. I didn't ask her to do it, she just went home and did this on her own. She came to class the next day all excited about it, and asked if she could share it with the class. I hadn't read it yet, but I told her she could. At the end of the day, she read it to the class and my jaw was on the floor by the end. She did SUCH a good job! I don't know if you can read it, but it really is good!
final product hanging in the hall..

Some "Dreams"




















I was happy with how it turned out. I had no idea it would be such a success! Again, this is just another reminder of why I went into teaching. It's SO refreshing to hang with kids everyday. Their innocence, compassion, and curiosity are just some of the reasons why I love teaching 4th grade so much. They really can do anything they want, and I love that it is my job to cheer them on along the way!!! :)










2 comments:

  1. What a CUTE idea! What a good teacher you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Amy! What a cute teacher you are. How many Valentines did you get from your boys in your class that have a crush on you. (-:

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones