Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh The Places You'll Go!!!

A couple weeks ago we went home to South Jordan and had a wonderful time with family!! One night we had a fire in my back yard with some of my most favorite people in the world. It was great. We love going home and miss it like crazy!! Hopefully it won't be too long until we're back.

I love my Audy Pop!! :)
Future Family Photo...

Roasting Marshmallows!!





Happy 5th Birthday Boyfriend!!! (May 27th)


Only two more days left of the school year! CRAZY! This year has flown by...it's insaine! I can't believe my first year of teaching is over...Geez! Time flies. I have absolutely LOVED my job. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better one. I love my school, and everyone I work with. The ladies (and 2 men) are so down to earth. Truly some of the nicest people I have ever met. I look forward to going to work every day. Not many people can say that! That's how you know you picked the right profession. :)
Next year I will be switching from 4th grade to 1st and I am SO excited! I have loved teaching 4th this year, but the younger grades is really where I belong. I love the little ones. They say the funniest things and are just so dang cute. I'm sure I'll have PLENTY of hilarious stories next year.
I have to move to a new classroom, so that has been kind of a pain this week, but it's good because it's giving me a chance to re organize all my stuff and get rid of junk. I have all my stuff in boxes and am moving it all tomorrow. Should be fun. :/
The last couple days of school will be filled with mixed emotions. I am going to miss my kids like CRAZY! I have gotten so attached to them. I'm just hoping I don't break down in front of them. When I student taught in kindergarten, my last day was HORRIBLE. The kids were crying and I was trying not to. As soon as I got in my car on that last day the tears just started flowing. Oh how I loved those kids! I wish I didn't get so attached, it makes the end of the year not so fun.
Tomorrow will basically just be a clean up day. At the end of the day we're going to play a "web of appreciation" game where we sit in a big circle and throw a ball of yarn telling each student why they are appreciated/what we love about them. After that, I'm going to read them my favorite book "Oh The Places You'll Go" and hand out some goodbye gifts. I have a feeling I might not have much luck keeping my eyes dry. :( I will never forget my kids. They have made my first year of teaching one that I will never forget.

4 comments:

  1. Amy your so cute! Your kids are going to miss you so much! You will do so great in 1st grade though too! Could you plase post a photo of your class with you on top as Mrs. Maynard I've been waiting for this for a year now! hahahah Oh and PS love the Bingham sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute teacher! I'm sure the kids will miss you just as much. How exciting that you get to move to 1st grade! I like the younger grades better too. :) Good luck moving and hopefully I will see you soon in So Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Maynard! I found your blog, and am going to miss you too!! I'll come say hi, when you are teaching your first graders!
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you were my kids teachers! Your sooooo cute! I'm glad that you are liking it that much!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones