Friday, March 26, 2010

Really????

So I guess I lied in my last post. Matt and I are no longer going to be teaching the Family Relations class. Last Tuesday, the Bishop called us in again, (we've had like 14 callings in the past 2 months...haha) to his office and asked if I'd like to be the 2nd Counselor in Relief Society.

WHAT? He's got to be joking, right? Wrong. He was not joking. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but the more I think about it the more excited I am. I think it will be a lot of fun to get to know all the girls in the ward and really be involoved with everything. The new President is one of my visiting teachers, and she is a doll. I think we'll have a lot of fun working together.


We will be teaching our first, and last class this week, which should be interesting. Speaking of which, we haven't started preparing for it yet. Guess we better get on that. If my husband would be home long enough to help that would be awesome. He has been so busy lately, and it's driving me nuts! But I'm not complaining.

This week at school, we have been reading about wildfires and the effects they have on nature. One of my cute students asked if her dad (who's a firefighter) could come and talk about fires, since we were talking about it this week. I told her yes; what a great learning experience for the kids! I love when parents volunteer to do things like that. As a teacher, you really appreciate supportive parents!! So anyway, today after lunch, her dad came (all dressed in his fire gear :D) and talked to the class about fires. The kids LOVED it, and they asked the funniest questions. Kids are darling. He brought all his gear with him, C-Collar, backboard, cast-like-blow-up things (Matt's not here, so no, I don't know the "technical"name, but you get the picture.) I thought he was going to put one of the kids 0n the backboard and do a demonstration, but no, he chose me! The kids thought this was hilarious. So I layed on the floor and he went through the routine to show the kids what they do when they find someone on the ground who's hurt or something.


First he checked to see if I was breathing, then had one of the kids find a pulse. After that, he and the kids all helped put me on the backboard and strap on all the stuff they strap on. After they were all done they lifted me up and took a picture. It was quite the experience I must say. My kids said I looked like a mummy. One kid said "Hey lets throw her in a lake and see if she floats!" Probably not a good idea kiddos.

It was a fun day.

2 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones