Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Fun and Classroom Accessories

So lately I've been looking for a chair for my classroom. I was looking online today and found this DARLING rocking chair and went and picked it up tonight. I'm pretty much in love with it. We're just going to keep it in the house until school starts and then I'm going to put it by the rug where I will read to the kids. I think it'll look really cute with my new bookshelf! I'm getting excited for 1st grade!! :)



On Saturday we went to this airplane museum that I didn't even know existed. If you know my dad you know that he is obsessed with anything that flies. When we pulled up to the museum he said he was just going to "run in for a sec." Once again, if you know my dad, that's not possible for him :) So him and Matt went in while my mom and I stayed in the car. We thought that by staying the car they would hurry a bit faster...nope not the case. So we ended up going in and stayed for like 3+ hours until they finally kicked us out. Matt and my dad were in heaven. They got a "special" tour (because my dad somehow finds a way to be best friends with everyone he meets, love him). The tour guide let them sit in the one of the airplanes and it was seriously so funny to see the looks on their faces. They looked like little boys on Christmas morning. Hilarious!!!!!! Here are some pics.



my dad in heaven...

matt in heaven...




in heaven together....



Last weekend my parents came to visit and it was so fun! They came out to my school to see my classroom and surprised me with the cutest bookshelf!! I LOVE it!!! Here are a few pics..


I love how you can see the cover of all of the books. It's perfect for the little ones.






I'm going to turn this corner into the "reading corner" and put cute stuffed animals and maybe a small love sack for the kids to sit in while they read.

We spent the rest of the weekend showing them around good 'ol Rexburg and eating out at our favorite hot spots. It was really good for them to come and see everything up here. I just love my parents!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! I always loved it when we had visitors. It's the best; especially when it's your mom and dad! :) I LOVE your new rocking chair! I just saw some white rocking chairs last weekend and I really wanted one! Maybe once I have my own porch or something. Your classroom is going to be so cute! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! You're little 1st graders will love you.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones