Saturday, June 12, 2010

luck.

Happy 83rd Birthday!!


Today was a fun day. We started out by having a bridal shower at my mom's house for my cute cousin who is getting married next month. Then we were off to Brigham City to go out to eat at Matt's grandma's favorite resturant-Maddox. It was delicious! We had a lot of fun celebrating with the whole family and really enjoyed visiting with everyone.
LUCK. This next portion of my post is going to be about LUCK. Today as Matt and I are driving home from his parents house something happened. I had accidently left some boxed food (leftovers from lunch) on the trunk of my car. We had driven a little ways down the road before we noticed it, and as soon as we did and we were stopped, Matt jumped out of the car to get it off the trunk. Well, we get back to my house and all of the sudden Matt can't find his cell phone. He called it from my phone, checked the car, called his parents for them to check the car, I called the resturant AND the gas station we had stopped at...and it was no where to be found. As we re-traced our steps I had a gut wrenching feeling that the phone had fallen off his lap (because he tends to keep the phone on his lap -not in his pocket which would have been much smarter) and was lying broken in the middle of the road. I kept calling it and calling it and everytime it would ring just like normal and go to the answering machine. I knew it had to be on and not broken becasue if it was it'd just go straight to the answering machine. So, an hour or so has passed and still no luck. So we decide to drive back to his parents house to see if we can find it. As we came to the corner where matt had jumped out for the food earlier i saw a little black thing in the road. NO WAY that could be his phone, right? WRONG! I was calling his phone at that moment and lo and behold there it was: RINGING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!! I jumped out of the car and ran across the road (probably not smart, but I couldn't help it) and gave the phone a big bear hug. I really wasn't looking forward to buying another phone. It's amazing that it was in one piece especially after hanging out in the middle of a busy road for an hour. It had a couple of scratches but it works just like new. Now that's what I call LUCK!
We spent the rest of the night with my parents, and Ben and lisa and audy pop. Dinner and frozen yogert after. We had a lot of fun. I love home. :)
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. where did your parents get that bookshelf? I love it!! and your rocking chair is darling too :)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones